Children's Catechesis (PK - 6th)
The first catechists in any child’s life are the family members with whom he or she lives. What happens at home – both positive and negative – provides lessons for life. In the family, faith is shared as part of the unfolding of daily life. The home or “domestic church” provides a real place in which a child learns to live his or her faith as well as understanding it.
Our goal is to create a program of lifelong faith formation that is centered in and flows out of the events of Church life. It embraces all ages and generation, promotes faith growth at home and promotes participation in Church life.
For more information on Children’s Catechesis (PK-6) at St. Francis, including enrolling your child or becoming a catechist, please contact:
Laura Nelson // 817-481-2685 ext. 241 // email@example.com
Hispanic Ministry & Spanish Catechesis
Sr. Rosy Rodriguez // 817-481-2685 ext. 239 // firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-2018 CATECHESIS
Registration for Youth Catechesis for the 2017-2018 year is currently closed and will reopen on Tuesday, August 1, 2017. If you missed pre-registration in May, more information about joining our children's, middle school, and high school catechesis programs will be made available at that time.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd at St. Francis!
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a religious education curriculum for ages 3-12 that builds upon a child’s natural sense of wonder and their need to learn through rich sensory experiences in order to help the child fall in love with God. St. Francis of Assisi is excited to currently host Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level I (for ages 3-6). Because this is a program that requires significant training and preparation to implement, spaces are limited. Watch the video below for more information!
If you’re interested in learning more about this program, contact Laura Nelson at email@example.com or by phone at 817-481-2685 ext 241.
Homeschool Online Catechesis Option
Parents are the primary educators and catechists in the life of their children. Ideally, all catechesis would take place firstly in the home. We are happy to provide resources for parents to guide their children directly in growing and maturing in the faith.
To purchase the program:
- Please visit www.mycatholicfaithdelivered.com.
- Click on "Course Library" and select either "Faith and Life Series" (for students in grades 1-8 ) or the "Didache Series" (for High School students)
- You will then select the correct grade level for your child(ren) and purchase that program. Note that High School students can select any of the Didache courses. They do not need to be taken in a specific order.
- Once you've purchased the program, you can begin right away. The cost of each ranges from $25-30 per student which is payable directly to My Catholic Faith Delivered.
- Each person who uses My Catholic Faith Delivered must have their own logins (email address and password). If you are signing up more than one child for the children's courses, make sure each child has their own logins/email address, too. You can easily create a Google Email account at gmail.com and use it solely for this purpose.
- Once you have purchased the program and set up log-in information for your child you'll need to link your child's account to our parish using our Parish Code. This allows us to track progress and verify completion.
To enter the Parish Code:
- go to www.mycatholicfaithdelivered.com and log in as you student(s).
- At the top right hand corner of the screen you will see your child's name an a small arrow. Click on the arrow.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select "Redeem a Code" and enter our Parish Code-SFA_GTX
If you have any questions throughout the process, please feel free to contact us at any time.
For information on preparing your child for First Communion or Confirmation through a homeschool option, please contact Laura Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edmund Mitchell (email@example.com) respectively.