UPDATES TO CHURCH & OFFICE HOURS DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
Effective: June 3 – August 25
Renovation on the North Restrooms, Chapel and Sanctuary is scheduled to begin Monday morning, June 3, 2019 and should last until the third week of August. The East Restrooms and Narthex Restrooms underwent demo at the end of May and are also being renovated.
During this time (June 3 – August 25), all Masses (including daily), baptisms, Wednesday and Friday adoration, weddings, funerals, etc. will take place in the Multi-Purpose Room of the Family Life Center (with the building being opened an hour prior). There will be additional 11:30am Mass on Sundays during this time. Confessions will be heard in Room 107 of the Family Life Center.
During these three months, we will be limiting activities in the Church Building:
- While the Church Sanctuary is under construction, the Church will NOT be open to the public for prayer. This will be a “hard hat” construction zone and we ask that all posted signage be observed for the safety of our staff and visitors.
The Parish Office will be open during normal weekday hours, but will be CLOSED on Saturdays and Sundays (June 8/9 – August 24/25). If no parish activities are happening in the evening, the office may close early (signage will be posted on the doors). This is for the safety of our staff and visitors during the construction.
- Public access to the Church Building will be through the north entrance (by the Church Office) only. Public access to other parts of the building will be prohibited for safety reasons, and duly marked off. Staff will remain in their offices but must personally escort any visitors from the front office to their own office.
- There will be NO ministry or group activities or meetings in the Church Building.
- There will be NO 40 Hours Adoration for Corpus Christi (previously scheduled for June 19-21).
- On weekends, the building will be locked except for Priest and Usher access to the Sacristy for vesting and securing the collections. There are no exceptions to this rule, so please do not request access to the Church Building on the weekends for any reason.
The Family Life Center will be utilized for all worship and liturgies during the construction:
- The Multi-Purpose Room will function as our temporary sanctuary and will be the location of all Masses (daily and weekend), adoration, weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
- Saturday afternoon confessions will be moved to Room 107 in the Family Life Center. They will be heard at their normal scheduled time 3:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Room 106 in the Family Life Center is where Deacons, Acolytes and Altar servers will vest, liturgical ministers will sign-in MSP, and all liturgical ministries (Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (mass and homebound), Sacristans, Altar Assistants, Readers, Ushers, Greeters, etc.) will check-in and get the items they need.
- Worship Aids will be placed on the chairs by the users for the 5pm, 8am, 10am & 11:30am Masses. The assembly is asked to leave the Worship Aid on the chairs after these Masses. The 1:00pm ushers will distribute/collect the Spanish Worship Aids and the 4:30pm Mass will distribute/collect their own Worship Aids as usual. Thank you for your help keeping the temporary sanctuary tidy.
- Bulletins will be available on small tables at each exit for people to pickup on their way out.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we undergo these renovations! Please call the office at 817-481-2685 with questions.