- This event has passed.
Gabriel Project Volunteer Training
September 28, 2019
Do you have time to mentor and support pregnant women and their families?
You could be someone’s Angel.
Volunteer Training will be held September 28 at Catholic Charities Fort Worth. RSVP required to Angela at 817-789-0514. Catholic Charities Fort Worth is looking for volunteers for the Gabriel Project. The Gabriel Project offers free help to pregnant women and their families through spiritual encouragement, emotional support and the provision of baby items. We also connect women and families to resources designed to help them achieve their financial, educational and employment goals. All families with a child under 18 months old are eligible.
The Gabriel Project needs volunteers to:
- Mentor pregnant women with spiritual and emotional support. – OR –
- Help mentors deliver donations, give rides to necessary appointments and help set-up apartments.
What is expected of a Gabriel Project volunteer?
- Have an updated Safe Environment program
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation and Gabriel Project Training
- Spend 5- 10 hours a month mentoring through emails, phone calls and in-person
- Be prepared to respond with help when a mentor needs help delivering donations ordriving the pregnant woman to an appointment
- Be willing to attend on-going training quarterly
We would love to have our volunteers commit to the program for as long as you can but we ask for a one year commitment initially. This is a volunteer opportunity that can be done on a time frame that fits your schedule; including weekends and after 5 pm. All appointments can be worked out between you and your Gabriel Project mother.
For questions, call 817.789.0514 or email email@example.com.