Lent & Holy Week at St. Francis
We invite you to enter into this time of repentance, fasting, prayer and preparation by joining us for our various Lenten and Holy Week activities here at St. Francis of Assisi Church.
Ash Wednesday, February 14
- 8:30am & 7:00pm // Mass with Distribution of Ashes
- 12:15pm & 7:00pm (Spanish in FLC) // Word Service & Distribution of Ashes
Every Friday (except Good Friday – see schedule below)
- 5:00pm – 7pm // Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
Known as one of the best Fish Fries in the area, the menu includes Fried Alaskan Pollock, Baked (Italian, Lemon Pepper, and Cajun) Fish, Green Beans, French Fries, Hush Puppies and Jalapeño Hush Puppies, 2 kinds of Cole Slaw, Rolls, homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Tea, Lemonade, Water, Garlic Butter, and some other surprises! Cost is $10 per adult, $5 for child under 12, with a $35 family max (in same household). All proceeds benefit St. Francis Outreach.
- 7:00pm // Stations of the Cross (Church)
- 7:45pm // Stations of the Cross (Spanish in the Church)
Monday, March 5
- 7:00pm // Lenten Reconciliation Service at St. Francis
Holy Thursday, March 29
- 7:00 pm // Liturgy of the Eucharist, Washing of Feet, Transfer of Blessed Sacrament & Adoration until midnight
Good Friday, March 30
- 2:00 pm // Good Friday Reflection by Fr. Flynn (Church)
- 3:00 pm // Stations of the Cross (Church)
- 5:30 pm // Via Cruces (Family Life Center)
- 7:00 pm // Liturgy of the Word, Communion & Adoration of the Cross
Holy Saturday, March 31
- 10:30 am // Blessing of the Easter Bread (Chapel)
- 8:00 pm // The Easter Vigil: Easter Fire, Liturgy of the Word, Sacraments of Initiation & Liturgy of the Eucharist
Mass Times on Sunday, April 1
- 8:00 am
- 10:00 am
- 12:00 pm
- 2:00 pm (Spanish)
Please Note: No 8:30 am Daily Mass on Holy Thursday or Good Friday, no adoration or Fish Fry on Good Friday, no confession on Holy Saturday, and no 5 pm & 4:30 pm Masses on Easter Weekend.
For questions or more information on any of these activities, please contact the parish office.