Hospital Ministry Coordinator
Ernest Doclar // 817-481-2198 // firstname.lastname@example.org
We bring Holy Communion and healing prayer and concern to Catholic patients at Baylor –Scott and White Medical Center in Grapevine. Our hospital ministers visit the hospital once during their duty week. The day varies. Patients or their families may request a visit but it is not necessary. The hospital provides a list of all Catholic patients in the hospital which our ministers use to schedule their visits.
- New members are required to complete the Parish Eucharistic Ministry training and Safe Environment training.
- The hospital also requires all ministers be trained by its staff.
- All ministers must pass a background check and medical history and meet inoculation requirements.
- A current member of this ministry will train and accompany new members on their initial visits to the hospital.
- Members must be careful to safeguard the confidentiality of the patients.
- One afternoon training session held by the volunteers office and another by the chaplain’s office.
- Occasional emergency requests to visit and to bring communion.
- One regular visit usually every month.
- Visit patients.
- Encourage them.
- Pray with them.
- Bring Holy Communion.
- Encourage new Catholic patients to join St. Francis Parish.
- Experience the satisfaction of comforting the sick.