The Holy Eucharist completes Christian initiation. Those who have been raised to the dignity of the royal priesthood by Baptism and configured more deeply to Christ by Confirmation participate with the whole community in the Lord’s own sacrifice by means of the Eucharist.
At the Last Supper, on the night he was betrayed, our Savior instituted the Eucharistic sacrifice of his Body and Blood. This he did in order to perpetuate the sacrifice of the cross throughout the ages until he should come again, and so to entrust to his beloved Spouse, the Church, a memorial of his death and resurrection: a sacrament of love, a sign of unity, a bond of charity, a Paschal banquet ‘in which Christ is consumed, the mind is filled with grace, and a pledge of future glory is given to us.
First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist Sacrament Preparation
Students are eligible to prepare for and receive their First Reconciliation and First Holy Eucharist if they:
- have been Baptized,
- are at least 7 years of age OR are in 2nd grade or above,
- have a foundational knowledge of the Catholic Faith,
- attend Mass regularly with their family,
- and desire the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
If you are seeking First Reconciliation and First Holy Eucharist for your child age 7 – entering 6th grade:
- Register your child for weekly catechesis.
- Email Laura (email@example.com) to set up a time to meet with her or a trained volunteer to get to know your child’s spiritual needs and determine the next best steps to take.
- After the meeting, Laura will contact you about the next best steps to prepare your child to receive the sacraments.
If your child is seeking First Reconciliation and First Holy Eucharist and is entering grades 7-12:
- Register your teen for weekly Young Church.
- Email Tim for High School (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sam for Middle School (email@example.com) to set up a time to meet with her or a trained volunteer to get to know your child’s spiritual needs and determine the next best steps to take.
- After the meeting, Tim or Sam will contact you about the next best steps to prepare your child to receive the sacraments.
If you are interested in receiving first Holy Communion yourself, or you would like your child to receive this sacrament, please contact:
Coordinator of RCIA (Adults)
Scott Immel // 817-481-2685 ext. 234 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Catechesis (age 7- 6th grade)
Laura Nelson // 817-481-2685 ext. 241 // email@example.com
Coordinator of Middle School (7th-8th grade)
Sam Ford // 817-481-2685 ext. 240 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Youth Ministry (9th-12th grade)
Tim Jara // 817-481-2685 ext. 240 // email@example.com