The Holy Eucharist completes Christian initiation. Those who have been raised to the dignity of the royal priesthood by Baptism and configured more deeply to Christ by Confirmation participate with the whole community in the Lord’s own sacrifice by means of the Eucharist.
At the Last Supper, on the night he was betrayed, our Savior instituted the Eucharistic sacrifice of his Body and Blood. This he did in order to perpetuate the sacrifice of the cross throughout the ages until he should come again, and so to entrust to his beloved Spouse, the Church, a memorial of his death and resurrection: a sacrament of love, a sign of unity, a bond of charity, a Paschal banquet ‘in which Christ is consumed, the mind is filled with grace, and a pledge of future glory is given to us.
2017-2018 First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist Sacrament Preparation
Students are eligible to prepare for and receive their First Reconciliation and First Holy Eucharist if they:
- have been Baptized,
- are at least 8 years of age OR are in 2nd grade or above,
- have a foundational knowledge of the Catholic Faith,
- attend Mass regularly with their family,
- and desire the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
First Communion Parent Information Meetings
First Communion Parent Information Meetings will be held on Tuesday, September 12 at 6:15pm & Sunday, September 17 at 11:45am (during Children’s Catechesis). These will be important information meeting for anyone whose child in grades 2-6 are preparing to receive First Communion this year.
Parent-Child Sacrament Preparation Workshops
At least one parent and the child who is preparing needs to attend the following workshops for their preparation. Children in K-6 Catechesis can attend these sessions rather than their typical Catechesis class on the dates noted.
- Six one hour workshops (Sundays during Catechesis at 11:30 am or Tuesdays during Catechesis at 6:15 pm):
- SESSION I: Tuesday, 10/17/2017 or Sunday, 9/22/2017
- SESSION II: Sunday, 11/12/2017 or Tuesday, 11/14/2017
- SESSION III: Sunday, 10/10/2017 or Tuesday, 10/12/2017
- SESSION IV: Sunday, 1/14/2018 or Tuesday, 1/16/2018
- SESSION V: Sunday, 2/11/2018 or Tuesday, 2/13/2018
- SESSION VI: Sunday, 3/25/2018 or Tuesday, 3/27/2018
- OR you can attend the following 3 hour workshops:
- SESSIONS I-III: 1/13/2018 from 1 pm – 4 pm
- SESSIONS IV-VI: 3/24/2018 from 1 pm – 4 pm
Please note: You may attend any combination of sessions (i.e., Sundays, Tuesdays or 3 hour workshops) to cover all of the topics in Sessions I-VI.
First Reconciliation & First Communion Celebrations
The following dates have been set aside for group First Reconciliation and First Communion celebrations. More details on times, etc., to follow, but we encourage you to save the dates at this time.
- FIRST RECONCILIATION: Saturday, January 27 and Wednesday, January 31
- FIRST COMMUNION: Saturday, May 5 (English) and Saturday, May 12 (Spanish)
If you are interested in receiving first Holy Communion yourself, or you would like your child to receive this sacrament, please contact:
Contact the parish office.