Synod 2023: Parish listening Session
Walking together as a Church with the Holy Spirit
The Synod convoked by Pope Francis is an invitation to all the faithful to be part of a three-year process that starts at the parish level and is underway in the Diocese of Fort Worth with parish-level listening sessions.
St. Francis is hosting a listening session of the 2023 Synodal Process that Pope Francis has initiated. We will be discussing questions that pertain to how well we as a parish and as the Diocese of Ft. Worth are listening to God and to one another. All Parishioners are invited!
WHO: All parishioners invited
WHEN: March 30, 2022
WHERE: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
Contact Tim Jara at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Our Holy Father, Pope Francis, has asked that we avoid certain pitfalls to promote the vitality and fruitfulness of the Synodal process:
- The temptation of wanting to lead ourselves instead of being led by God.
- The temptation to focus on ourselves and our immediate concerns.
- The temptation to only see “problems.”
- The temptation of focusing only on structures.
- The temptation not to look beyond the visible confines of the Church.
- The temptation to lose focus of the objectives of the Synodal Process.
- The temptation of conflict and division.
- The temptation to treat the Synod as a kind of a parliament.
- The temptation to listen only to those who are already involved in Church activities.
May the listening sessions be a time to listen to God and to each other. May we hear what God has to tell us and where He desires to lead us!
Where can I learn more?
Detailed information about the Synod is on the Diocese’s website at: https://fwdioc.org/synod.
In preparation for the listening sessions, please read and reflect on the Preparatory Document for Listening Sessions
Resources to prepare for Listening Sessions are found here: https://fwdioc.org/synod-resources-for-listening-sessions